Job Opportunity: Marketing and Board Assistant (Part-Time)
The Latina Coalition of Silicon Valley (LCSV) develops and strengthens the power of Latinas to advance our collective success through Sisterhood, Leadership and Civic Engagement. We have approximately 100 active members, and hundreds of other friends and partners who contribute and help us achieve our mission. Our members are diverse in ethnicity, age, education, and professional background. From students to city council members, and entrepreneurs to executive directors, everyone benefits from and contributes to our three focus areas:
- Sisterhood: Create intentional opportunities for women to meet and build supportive relationships.
- Leadership: Develop a pipeline and support our members to lead by fostering individual skillsets and potential.
- Civic engagement: Educate and mobilize our community to advocate and actively engage on issues impacting Latina/os.
Under the supervision of the Board President, this commitment of 5-8 hours a week, a hands-on position will be responsible for assisting the Board across multiple program areas with a focus on supporting the marketing and executive committee. This assistant should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and be committed to Latina leadership in Silicon Valley. The duration will be at least one year.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with marketing committee to finalize Style Guide & Brand Strategy, coordinate monthly e-newsletter, and e-blasts — including generating content, designing layout.
- Assist marketing in managing LCSV social media handles.
- Attend monthly board meetings, assist with picking up materials prior to meetings, and occasionally taking board meeting minutes.
- Assist the Board with logistics and planning for LCSV events.
- Work with Secretary to maintain a historical archive.
- Work with the Executive Committee to create and implement surveys, post events, for data collection.
Other duties as determined by Board President may include:
- Assist with recruitment of replacement.
- Upon request, act as a primary photographer at all events. Upload photos to social media and database.
- Manage the WordPress website. i.e. adding or removing pages, updating board roster, etc.
Expectations of Assistant:
- Positive attitude and the ability to work as a team
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Willingness to be flexible and work on a variety of tasks
- Fulfill duties, time commitment, the schedule
- Strong communication with a supervisor about questions, concerns
- Time commitment of 5-8 hours/ week
- Ability to work some nights and weekends to staff events
- Proficient in Google Suite, all social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter)
- Provide quarterly reports to the Executive Committee
- Be proactive and take lead on tasks
A position at LCSV provides individuals with an opportunity to gain exposure to the civic engagement and advocacy field within the world of nonprofit organizations.
Benefits include opportunities to:
- Build professional skills such as oral and written communications and networking.
- Learn about civic engagement and leadership development.
- Gain a better sense of the interaction between nonprofit organizations, foundations, government, the private sector, and the community.
- Network with Latina Leaders in a variety of employment sectors.
- Mentoring and shadowing.
- Be a part of a professional work environment and have opportunities to participate in staff events and activities including but not limited to luncheons, leadership training, etc.
- Make a difference in serving the community.
- Hourly rate will be based on qualifications.
POSITION DATES & LOCATION
This is at least a year-long position beginning April 1st with the ability to extend depending on availability of funding. Hours and schedule are negotiated between the assistant and her supervisor.
While the assistant attends board meetings all other tasks are expected to be done remotely. This is a paid position.
To apply, please send your resume to Lisa Dominguez at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 8. Feel free to reach out with any questions.