WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE AN ELLA?
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Attendance at ALL sessions indicated in this application. Please review the dates listed below and only if you are available to attend every session, continue with the application process. Given the nature of the program, we cannot make any exceptions.
- In addition to attending every session, you will also be required to meet with your assigned group on multiple occasions (dates are at the discretion of you and your group) throughout the six months, and more so toward the end of the program when working on the final project.2
- Throughout the program, you will be given individual homework assignments designed to foster your personal knowledge and growth. Additionally, as a group, your final project will include an advocacy component and a presentation related to your assigned topic.
- A $25 discounted LCSV membership fee. As a member of
LCSVyou will have access to the LCSV network, opportunities to attend exclusive LCSV events and discounted rates when applicable.
- If you are accepted into the
ELLAprogram, you will be responsible for a $100 deposit. You will be reimbursed your $100 deposit at the completion of the program under the condition that you attend every session and turn in every homework assignment on time. No exceptions will be made. If you miss a session or do not turn in a homework assignment on time, your $100 deposit will be automatically donated to LCSV, otherwise, it will be refunded to you at the end of the program. Deposits will be due during the Orientation.
* Please note that if you miss two sessions you will be automatically dropped from the ELLA Program *
- Lastly, we expect every ELLA to participate 100 percent in the program. This means, attending all sessions, communicating with the ELLA Coordinator as needed/required, communicating with your teammates, making the effort to meet with your assigned group as needed and taking this leadership opportunity seriously.
If you are ready for the challenge and ready to take your professional development to the next level, we encourage you to apply and look forward to receiving your ELLA Program application.
For more information on the