MARKETING AND PROGRAM ASSISTANTLatina Coalition of Silicon Valley (LCSV), San Jose
Applications close Friday, June 9th at 5 p.m.
The Latina Coalition of Silicon Valley (LCSV) educates, prepares and connects Latinas in the areas of civic engagement and leadership development as an expression of our shared values of service, commitment, and appreciation for the Latinas who have paved the way for our successes. We have approximately 150 active members, and hundreds of other friends and partners who contribute and help us achieve our mission. Our members are diverse in ethnicity, age, education and professional background. From students to city council members, and entrepreneurs to executive directors, everyone benefits from and contributes to our three focus areas:
Civic Engagement: Collective action designed to identify and address issues that
disproportionately affect the Latino/a community. This is accomplished through educational forums, lectures and events.
Leadership: Activities that enhance leader’s attitudes and abilities. In house, we provide workshops such as training on how to apply for a Board or Commission, personal branding, and many more.
Sisterhood: The solidarity of women based on shared experiences and concerns. Our mixers provide members the opportunity to meet and network in a warm and inviting environment. Moreover, through community events our members always have girlfriends nearby to have fun.
Under the supervision of the Board President, this commitment of 8-10 hours a week, hands-on position will be responsible for assisting the Board across multiple program areas with a focus on supporting the marketing and executive committee. This assistant should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and be committed to Latina leadership in Silicon Valley. The duration will be at least one year.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Staff marketing committee
• Attend monthly board meetings with written report
• Assist the Board with logistics and planning for LCSV events
• Website management – i.e. Adding pages, removing pages, changing photos, etc.
• Coordinating the monthly e-newsletter and e-blasts – including generating content, designing layout, and managing subscribers
• Act as photographer at all events. Upload photos to social media and database.
• Work with Board President to maintain historical archive
• Other duties as determined by Board President
• Assist with recruitment of replacement
Expectations of Assistant:
• Positive attitude and an ability to work as a team
• Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
• Willingness to be flexible and work on a variety of tasks
• Fulfill duties, time commitment and schedule
• Strong communication with supervisor about questions, concerns
• Time commitment of 8-10 hours/ week
• Ability to work some nights and weekends to staff events
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite, iMovie
• Provide quarterly reports to the Executive Committee
• Be proactive and take lead on tasks
A position at LCSV provides individuals with an opportunity to gain exposure to the civic engagement and advocacy field within the world of nonprofit organizations. Interns are given significant and meaningful responsibilities at the organization and some of the benefits include opportunities to:
• Build professional skills such as oral and written communications and networking.
• Learn about civic engagement and leadership development.
• Gain a better sense of the interaction between nonprofit organizations, foundations, government, the private sector and the community.
• Network with Latina Leaders in a variety of employment sectors.
• Mentoring and shadowing.
• Be a part of a professional work environment and have opportunities to participate in staff events and activities including but not limited to luncheons, leadership trainings, etc.
• Make a difference in serving the community.
• Stipend amounts will be awarded based on qualifications ($600-$800 per month).
This is a year long position beginning July 1st with ability to extend depending on availability of funding. Hours and schedule is negotiated between the assistant and her supervisor.
If you have any questions please contact Bianca Garcia at email@example.com
Click here to find the application.