About Latina Coalition Silicon Valley
The Latina Coalition of Silicon Valley (LCSV) is a nonprofit organization that educates, prepares and
connects Latinas in the areas of civic engagement and leadership development as an expression of our
shared values of service, commitment, and appreciation for the Latinas who have paved the way for our
About Engaged Latina Leadership Activists (ELLA)
The ELLA Program is a byproduct of Latina Coalition of Silicon Valley’s mission to create and sustain a
network of professional women that support each other in the advancement of civic engagement and
leadership – and implemented in partnership with the Santa Clara County Office of Women’s Policy. The
program aims to develop future leaders that can tackle some of the most pressing issues impacting
Latinas and supports the broader movement to empower Latina women in Silicon Valley.
The Engaged Latina Leadership Activist (ELLA) Program is a six-month leadership program designed for
emerging Latina leaders ages 19-25. This annual program was created to help Latinas gain leadership
and civic engagement skills through a series of professional activities, resources and mentoring. The
program consists of an intensive three-day retreat, HOPE’s annual public policy and advocacy
conference in Sacramento (Latina Action Day), a series of six civic engagement trainings, and ends with a
graduation in July. The program gives young Latina women opportunities to learn about themselves,
their leadership capabilities and the opportunity to meet and collaborate with other Latinas who have
similar interests and experiences.
The ELLA Program Coordinator position is an independent contract position. The ELLA Coordinator will
assist in the implementation of LCSV’s ELLA Program, including coordinating and facilitating each session
of the program. As such, there may be considerable irregularity of work hours based on business need.
This position will be overseen by the LCSV ELLA Chair and Board of Directors.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and facilitate all aspects of the ELLA Program.
- Work closely with the ELLA Chair, Committee and LCSV Marketing and Program Assistant to
schedule sessions, identify and secure speakers, coordinate logistics and prepare materials for
each session, disseminate information to participants, and facilitate sessions.
- Communicate with ELLAs and support their progress towards program completion.
- Coordinate mentorship component of ELLA program.
- Use quantitative and qualitative measures to evaluate each session and the overall program.
- Experience in program administration, coordination and support.
- Organizational and operational aptitude for programs and events, including designing, planning,
executing, evaluating, and reporting.
- Proven experience facilitating and presenting in small to medium sized groups.
- Demonstrated initiative and follow through.
- Experience working in teams and collaborative working environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time, communicate with team members, and work
independently with limited guidance.
- Experience working in a programmatic setting serving Latinas or youth of color.
- Experience as a mentor or advisor.
- Attitude of service with the ability to problem solve, collaborate and rally champions for
programs and initiatives, including participants, Board members and community partners of all
- Excellent communication skills, including speaking, writing, editing and proofreading.
- Fluency in MS Office Suite; ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software programs as
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Logistics and planning expertise.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate ELLA Program schedule
Bachelor’s Degree or two years of program administration experience as a program assistant, program coordinator, facilitator, even planner, student affairs or related position.
Applicant must be available to work the following key program dates:
February: 2, 3, 4, 24
March: 10, 22
May: 5, 23
June: 9, 30,
Hours and Compensation
This is a part-time, unbenefited contract position starting in December 2018 and ending in August 2018.
Hours will vary between 5-8 hours per week, plus 8 hours for scheduled sessions.
How to Apply:
Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. First screening will be on November
10th; applications will be accepted until position is filled.